Christian Rollins CPA MBA
17434 92nd Lane North
West Palm Beach, FL 33470
Senior-level executive with extensive finance, operations, sales management, and public accounting experience in diverse industries including distribution, real estate development, hospitality, technology, aviation, and medical equipment & services. Proven ability to improve operations, build efficient teams and maximize profits through achievements in sales & marketing initiatives, financial management and productivity improvements. Strong qualifications in strategic planning, leadership, team building, capital acquisition, systems technology, high-growth strategies, GAAP and IFRS.
Brown Distributing Company, Inc. January 2014 – Present
Privately held distribution company operating in multiple states.
Chief Financial and Operating Officer
· Overall responsibility for the operating businesses across two states, with 600 employees and generating over $200 million in revenue, reporting to the owners.
· Responsible for leading the operational aspects of the business, including finance, operations, sales, marketing, human resources, administration and IT.
· Member of the Board of Directors.
· Restructured a $60 million line of credit into a $100 million debt facility
· Recruited and built a team of experienced Vice Presidents and managers to turn around processes through the development, documentation and implementation of effective processes and procedures, companywide.
· Developed a “One Company” strategy to coordinate efforts, leverage efficiencies and utilize best practices.
· Introduced and developed a Six Sigma culture of continuous improvement including the establishment of a Process Improvement resource to lead projects across departments.
· Reviewed, negotiated and managed distribution rights agreements along with various other legal issues as they arose.
· Increases sales by 7% and operating profit by 12% in the first year.
· Helped ownership establish a family office structure designed to diversify, protect and grow assets.
Sheltair Aviation August 2011 – October 2013
Privately held aviation company comprised of Fixed Based Operations, Property Management & Construction.
Chief Operating Officer
· Overall responsibility for all three divisions of the company, covering 20 locations across three states and generating over $100 million in revenue.
· Reported to the owner/CEO.
· Responsible for leading the strategic planning and all operational aspects of the business, including sales, marketing, finance and day-to-day operations.
· Spearheaded the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
· Coached and mentored senior staff in the areas of operations, finance, sales and marketing.
· Completed a $200 million syndicated refinance saving over $2 million in fees and $1.75 million in annual interest expense.
· Established a sales organization as well as developed a sales culture.
· Led acquisition teams during the search and due diligence of 15 opportunities, including the successful acquisition and integration of 3 properties.
· Negotiated significant supplier agreements, establishing strategic partnerships, which brought significant value to the company. Negotiated a fuel supply agreement for 14 locations, which brought strategic marketing and sales support to the company.
· Developed innovative customer service, hospitality and safety programs to establish market differentiation.
· Established pricing policy designed to maximize profitability.
Mediwatch, plc December 2006 - August 2011
International diagnostic medical equipment and disposable supplies manufacturer and distributor.
Group Chief Financial Officer and US Operations General Manager
· Overall financial responsibility for the worldwide operations. Reported to the CEO. Responsible for the finance, accounting, treasury, risk management, tax and audit functions. Prepared budgets, various internal financial reports, annual and interim published reports and market filings.
· Executive member of the Board of Directors. Participated heavily in the development of the strategic vision for the company and led implementation of strategies in the US.
· Directed financial strategy, planning and forecasts.
· Overall responsibility for the US operations (including Canada and Latin America) managing sales, marketing, service, clinical, operations, accounting and administration departments.
· Responsible for public company financial market compliance, public company investor relations and road show presentations to financial markets including fund managers, investment bankers and high net worth individuals and managing and leading sales and marketing teams.
· Extensive experience in negotiating and closing of bank finance agreements both domestically and internationally.
· Started US office after an acquisition from Medtronic. Led the new US division from a loss of $7million per year to a profit of $750,000 in the first year.
· Converted from UK GAAP to IFRS standards, managed multiple currencies, developed relationships with owners and executives of competing businesses and key suppliers and developed relationships with market brokers, PR groups and compliance resources.
· Completed capital fundraising from London institutional investors for growth projects.
Innovative Surveillance Technology, Inc. September 2004 – November 2006
International covert surveillance equipment manufacturer & distributor to government & commercial markets.
Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
· Led the accounting, human resources, purchasing, inventory and administration teams.
· As part of the executive team, contributed to the production, engineering, sales and customer service leadership.
· Extensive experience in strategic planning including external market analysis and growth strategies. Integral part of the executive team responsible for executing strategies.
· Served as Secretary of the Board of Directors; assisted the CEO with investor relations.
· Managed all banking relations, corporate insurance and risk management matters.
· Direct input into the development of new and existing product lines, start-up of new divisions, pricing strategies, search and negotiation for office and warehouse leases, evaluating and recommending business partner relationships, long range planning, forecasting and legal matters.
· Developed, documented and implemented GAAP compliant process and procedures, an entity wide ERP system (Made2Manage), entity wide training plans, production scheduling processes, sales quoting procedures and disaster recovery plans.
· This company was a turnaround situation with the objective of a sale of the entity. The entity was sold in November of 2006.
Cross Match Technologies, Inc. June 2002 – September 2004
International forensic quality biometric equipment and software designer, manufacturer and distributor.
· Managed the accounting team. Reported to the CFO.
· Revenue growth - $7million to $24million; Inc 500 #5 in 2003.
· Managed order processing, product costing, the development and implementation of internal control systems, the coordination with auditors (KPMG) on various subjects including annual audits and equity instruments, bank line of credit facility and recruiting and development of professional staff.
· Experience with the implementation of an entity wide ERP system (AccPac), option and warrant instruments, the development, documentation and implementation of GAAP compliant process and procedures and government regulatory reporting systems.
· Experience with hyper growth management by working closely with engineering, production, materials, sales and customer service teams on various topics. These topics included systems utilization and interdepartmental coordination, mapping macro and micro processes as well as developing and implementing efficiency measures to drive growth and increase profitability.
National commercial, retail, multi-family and build-to-suit property developer.
Director of Accounting
· Managed the accounting teams for 34 entities. Reported to the CFO.
· Issued monthly & annual GAAP compliant financial statements, management reports and in-depth financial analysis, developed and implemented GAAP accounting and control policies throughout the organization and reviewed and filed all tax documents.
· Managed debt financing arrangements, cash, monthly bank draws, construction accounting teams, a comprehensive benefit plan, payroll and multiple project job-costing.
· Completed projects including: implementation of an entity wide ERP system (Timberline) for multiple corporate entities, complete documentation of systems, policies & procedures manuals and comprehensive budgeting models.
General Electric Medical Systems November 1999 – November 2000
International medical equipment service and repair division.
Assistant Controller/Financial Analyst
· Responsible for the activities of the accounting department. Reported to the controller.
· Responsibilities included: AR, AP, credit & collections, cash receipts (lock-box) and monthly & annual closing.
· Experience with ERP system implementation (Oracle), recruiting and training of 12 member accounting team, documenting process and procedures, acquisition and integration of subsidiary and depot service model.
Public Accounting November 1996 – November 1999
McGladrey & Pullen LLC
Keefe McCullough & Co. CPA’s
Professional Associations: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
ERP System Experience: Full Implementation of AccPac, Made2Manage, Oracle, SAP B1, Timberline and QuickBooks